Technique Junkies

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Faux Chalkboard Challenge

 May's challenge winners will be announced on the 15th of June, 
so stay tuned to see who won Tracey's amazing prize! 


June's Top Winner will receive 
A FABULOUS PRIZE PACKAGE 
offered by our hostess, Julz!!! 


Here's what you could win~


Stampin' Up! "Packed for Dad" stamp set 
plus assorted ribbon!

Each stamper who's card is showcased 
will receive 1 digital sentiment made by Mynnette! ;) 


Here's the digi sentiment you could win~

With all that taken care of, let's get to it! We've got another fabulous challenge for you this month at Technique Time Tuesday--it's called FAUX CHALKBOARD!!!  We cannot wait to see what amazing creations you create with this month's VIDEO tutorial!

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CREATION USES OUR TUTORIAL OR YOUR ENTRY WILL BE DELETED.  If you need to review the rules, please consult the tab up top!  Now let's get started!  I've used my webcam this month and the sound and video quality is much better!  Now to learn how to stamp upside down... ;)


***************************************

Faux Chalkboard Technique

Materials Needed
*White embossing powder
*Versamark ink
*Heat gun
*White ink
*Dark colored cardstock (I used black--any dark color will work.)
*Stamps and other embellishments to finish your project

***************************************
"How To"

***************************************


We've got an amazing guest designer with us this month--
Ginger from Andora's Stamping Studio!

Here's what Ginger created with this  technique~

And some DT inspiration~
************************************************************************

5 comments:

SD pooja said...

Wow ! fabulous cards.I wish I could play along..yet to have embossing supplies so..

Kavitha Vadhri said...

lovely technique, i wish i had embossing powders and inks

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...


very very cool. I will give it a try and hope to join the challenge.

Unknown said...

No Embossing supplies needed! You can make the card one of two ways - either with embossing or without! Check out Mynnette's video for both ways! I hope you'll give it a try! :)

SandeeNC said...

yay, I did it. I watched the tutorial first, and then watched it again while I made my card. I do have one question, why white ink and then VersaMark? I didn't see any difference between the two.