ALSO: Stay tuned for some more exciting news at noon CST here at Technique Tuesday!!!
January's Top Winner will receive 3 digital sentiments made by yours truly, and each stamper who's card is showcased will receive 1 digital sentiment made by yours truly! ;) Here's the best part--THE WINNERS get to choose what they want their sentiment to say and what style! If this doesn't sound like something you'd like, you could choose from some sentiments that I already have made. :) More details will be forthcoming after winners are announced.
With all that taken care of, let's get to it! We've got another fabulous challenge for you this month at Technique Tuesday--it's a 3D Pedestal Pop-Up Card!!! We cannot wait to see what amazing creations you create with this tutorial! PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CREATION USES OUR TUTORIAL OR YOUR ENTRY WILL BE DELETED. If you need to review the rules, please consult the tab up top!
3D Pedestal Pop-Up Card
*Bone Folder/Something to create good creases
*1 8.5"x5.5" piece of cardstock
*1 3"x3" piece of cardstock
*Stamps, inks, embellishments, etc., to finish card
1. Fold your large piece of cardstock in half and semi-decorate the inside. Don't decorate the entire inside until you finish and add your pedestal--you might put something in the wrong spot! Leave the middle area clear as this is where the pedestal will be placed.
2. Take your 3" square piece of cardstock and score in at 1.5".
3. Turn the piece 90* and score at 0.5". Sharpen all creases.
4. Snip the bottom of your square piece on the bottom where there is the T crease. Cut only from the bottom until the half inch crease.
5. Fold the other side of the square cardstock in a triangular tip. Push the triangle towards the inside of the pedestal--see the picture for a better description. Sharpen creases.
6. Create your pop up piece. Make sure that it is symmetrical when folded in half. Make sure if you stamp a sentiment on it that you fold it vertically through the sentiment. Fold it right sides together (meaning the back will show when it's folded).
7. Adhere STRONG adhesive to the folded triangular part of the pedestal/square piece of cardstock. Place your folded pop up piece into the fold--MAKE SURE THAT YOUR SENTIMENT WILL BE FACING THE RIGHT WAY BEFORE ADHERING IT COMPLETELY.
8. Open the pop up pedestal and turn it over. Adhere STRONG adhesive to the bottom two small flaps.
9. Adhere the pedestal piece on the inside of your card approximately 2" from the middle fold of the pedestal to the top of the cardstock. Make sure to have the piece folded slightly and not open all the way or else it will NOT fold down.
10. Finish the inside and outside of your card.
|More info on my personal blog HERE.|
More from the crew~