Technique Junkies

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tips and Variations for Triple Stamping technique ...

Hi lovely peeps, Karen P here to talk and share with you today
We are one week into our TRIPLE STAMPING challenge
I'm here today to share some tips and variations to this super fun and easy technique
So let’s get started, shall we?

Mynnette says …
1. Use nesting dies for much easier layering.
2. Try stamping onto coloured paper and having a white border.
3. Highlight your panels with glitter glue/Stickles for added texture and shine.
Karen P says …
1. Do not use thick card because that causes empty space where you have stamped, blank or white areas with no stamping on it.
2. Keep your stamp fairly simple as busy stamps don’t look too good – ask me how I know that lol!
3. I used a glue stick to stick my layers together so that my stamping was clean.  I then quickly took the layers apart before the glue had completely dried. 
Rocky says
1. What Karen says is right but there is a way to hide it (wish I’d known that earlier Rocky) lol!  If you get wide blanks on your paper/card you can increase the size of your layer a little to hide it.
2. I found the purple masking tape very good for this technique, double over a small piece and use it like double sided tape in the middle of your layer, it comes off without tearing once you have finished stamping. 
3. Use a clear or embossing ink pad and coloured embossing inks to create alternate contrasting layers. 
Here is a card that our lovely leader Mynnette has made with the tips and variations …


For details of how to make this card or to see it closer up please look at Mynnette’s blog hereI am going now, hopefully, to play with my inks and embossing powders – Rockys comments mean I want to try stamping and heat embossing – never thought to do that!

Thank you very much for stopping by
Please don't forget to link up your Triple Stamping creations
to the original challenge post found here
I hope you have a lovely day and get to do some stamping!
ttfn Karen P x


2 comments:

Barbara said...

Such a pretty Valentine Card. Love the glitter on each layer, lots of pretty sparkle. Really great ideas, thanks for the tips.

Kimbo said...

Fantastic Mynn, this shape works so well. Must have another go at this technique x